So I’m trying to remove the jitters for writing my first post, and in an attempt to acknowledge WordPress’ encouraging article on “how to blog” (saved under drafts which I presume is a default for every new account created), I’ve decided to follow its suggestions and answer some of its leading questions in order to “give new readers context” (yes I am quoting the article). So however lame this sounds, here’s what you can expect to find in my blog, which will mainly be about the following:
- Thoughts on growing up, family, and personal dreams and observations
- Music – songwriting, the indie scene, and song/playlist recommendations and reviews
- Biking and commuting around the Metro
- Places I’ve been to and mountains I’ve climbed
- Plants, birds, and being environmentally conscious
- Cookie reviews, food discoveries, and recipes not mine
- Books I’ve read and would recommend
- Finance and work-related insights
Posts will probably be sporadic, but I do hope to write more, especially when I take a big step towards my imagined future (more about that later). For now, I hope that by blogging, I improve my writing skills, share knowledge I’ve gained, keep track of what I’ve learned, and be more open with friends and family on my doings.
Here’s to a new year and new habits!